Sunday, June 13, 2010

2004 Pascual Toso Extra Toso Reserve Brut Pinot Noir


I saw this and was really surprised to see a sparkling wine from Argentina in this market. We have several options in malbec, cabernet sauvignon and torrontes, but after that the choices drop off quickly.

Sparkling wine is my favorite style and as Ive mentioned before if a country produces a sparkling wine I will do my best to taste it during the week.

The color of this wine was a really pretty salmon-orange, but unfortunately the good things I can say about this wine will stop there. The aromas on the wine were slight citrus with some yeast and almond components, but nothing meshed. There also seemed to be a faint petrol component.

The wine tasted "burnt". There were some nutty flavors and what I could recognize as "champagne" components from other blanc de noirs, but this was undrinkable in my opinion. Worked through a glass for the tasting and the balance of the bottle was poured down the sink.

The cost was $24. Please, save your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment