Friday, June 18, 2010

2009 The Crossings Sauvignon Blanc


My friend, Michael Hawley, and I had this wine while sitting on the patio on a very hot afternoon. From the start this looked refreshing. The bottle glass is clear and colorless and the wine looks almost light bluish green. Very interesting, but when poured the wine is very very pale straw with green tint.

The aromas on this glass of wine jump from the glass. Slight herbal component, but mainly fresh vibrant fruit...lime, melon, and grapefruit.

The flavors are very bright. A lot more lime on this Sauvignon Blanc than others Ive had from New Zealand. Good acidity to give it zip, but still remains soft on the palate. The lime is balanced by the melon and grapefruit.

I believe this was around $14 and although I dont like it as well as the Brancott Sauvignon Blanc from earlier in the week I still this is a great wine for summer. Especially if you want something crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment