Sunday, June 20, 2010

2006 Drylands Pinot Noir


This Drylands Pinot Noir is medium ruby in color and at first had no aroma at all. As the wine opened though I was able to smell a nice mix of red fruits, spice and oak. It wasn't very deep, but you knew it was Pinot Noir.

The taste was very pleasant and did a great job expressing the Pinot Noir grape without trying to get to tricky for the price point. Simple expression of cherries, pomegranate, oak and spices. I thought this was very pleasant and a good option to have on hand for parties.

I am not sure of the price as it was a gift from my friend Michael, but I would expect it falls somewhere in the mid-teens. Tough to find drinkable Pinot at this price point that doesn't taste like fruit juice. Good quality to price ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment