Friday, May 28, 2010

2006 Monte Antico Toscana


The Monte Antico Toscana was listed as #61 on Wine Spectator's Top 100 of 2009. At around $12 per bottle I thought it was worth a try. The wine is from the Tuscany region of Italy and is a blend of 75% Sangiovese, 15% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon.

The color of the wine was a light purple and had aromas of red berries with plums and some spice. It was a very pleasing bouquet that made me look forward to tasting it.

The taste was lighter than I had expected and the fruit was light, but pleasing. I found the wine to be balanced and had good acidity. I'm not sure if it's the #61 wine of the year, but I thought it was a good wine and would be great to have around if friends dropped by or if you were eating pasta with a rich meat sauce. Good value for the money

No comments:

Post a Comment