Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2007 Borgo Conventi Sauvignon Collio


This wine is from Italy and will be the first wine of the week from that country. This was a gift from my friend Michael.

I was not familiar with this wine before the tasting, but it does come from a good producer, Ruffino. The color was a pale yellow-green. The aromas were odd. The only way I can describe it is musty and strong smell of petroleum.

The taste was initially more pleasing than the aroma. It had flavors of apples, herbs and citrus. However, on the finish the taste of alcohol was very persistent. It wasn't hot...instead it reminded me of grappa.

I don't think Sauvignon Blanc from Friuli is supposed to taste like this. I am going to purchase a different bottle to compare. New tasting notes will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment