Friday, May 28, 2010

2008 Buon Appetitio Nero D'Avola


I tasted this 2008 Buon Appetito Nero D'Avola at a wine tasting at the 610 Magnolia restaurant in Louisville, KY. I have had a couple of Nero D'Avola wines from Sicily and have found them to be great bargain wines.

The color was a tawny purple with reddish hues. This was a lot lighter than the other Nero D'Avola wines I have tried. The aromas were roasted plums, some dark berries and a nice earthiness.

The taste of the wine was very strong roasted plums and black cherries. There was also nice spice in the background. The retail price on this wine was $11 and I think it represents a good value. It is not complex, but for a weeknight when you need something with backbone to pair with hearty Italian dishes I think this would fit the bill nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment